Monstera Leaf pattern
Thank you for being a member of my mailing list! I hope you enjoy this little bonus project!
What you'll need:
- The Monstera Leaf Pattern Download.
- Pen, pencil, or soluble embroidery transfer pen.
- 5 inch embroidery hoop.
- Embroidery floss in the color of your choice.
- Black pearl cotton size 12.
- Embroidery needle. I recommend a DMC Embroidery Needle size 5.
- Scissors and thread snips.
- Craft glue -- any kind that is compatible with fabric and wood or plastic (depending on your hoop choice).
- Use the LIght Box Method to transfer the monstera leaf from your pattern download to your fabric.
- Using 3 strands of embroidery floss, fill in the monstera leaf using extra long satin stitches angling out from the center of the leaf.
- Create an outline using a couched stitch or backstitch with the pearl cotton.
- Trim off any excess fabric and glue remaining fabric edge to the top edge of the inner hoop.
- Remember that this is your project and all of these methods/steps are optional. Feel free to deviate, experiment, and explore to develop a process that works for you and to create something that you love.
- You did it! Now you are ready to hang your piece on the wall or gift it to a friend!
Please share your work with the #skbdiy and #sarahkbenningpatterns tags on social media!
Need More Guidance?